Tell the world about the WRN.
Whether it’s a conversation with a customer, a potential employee or your local media, your involvement with the WRN casts a great reflection on your dealership. Here are some key messages you can convey:
- GM understands and values women’s purchase power.
- GM is the only automaker to actively recruit, train and place women as dealers.
- The WRN vision: be the industry leader, with a dealership population that mirrors our communities, by increasing the number of women as dealers, managers and employees within GM dealerships.
- The WRN goal: for women dealers to meet or exceed the operational effectiveness of the total GM dealer body.
- Diversity is a priority for GM, its dealers and its business partners.
- GM and its dealers are creating a climate that is engaging, inviting to both men and women, and representative of the general population.
- The perspectives and talents of all people are necessary for GM and its dealers to be successful.
Your “elevator speech”: The GM Women’s Retail Network, launched in 2001, operates globally in the U.S. and Canada to increase the presence of females in all GM dealership positions. Through the WRN, GM and its dealers work as the only partnership in the industry to actively recruit, train and place women as dealers and in all service, sales and management careers. This includes providing an annual scholarship for women pursuing degrees in accredited automotive business or technology programs.