60% of your profit depends on your performance here.
Build your winning service department with these Women’s Retail Network resources:
- Annual face-to-face meeting and quarterly WebEx training sessions on a variety of Fixed Ops topics deliver immediate benefits, such as “Profit Opportunities of Service Leads” — a business imperative that can drive high customer retention and revenue. Check out meeting dates and watch for e-mail notices and signup information.
- Fixed Ops WebEx Presentations
- Join the WRN Fixed Ops Network — contact Holly Martin: firstname.lastname@example.org or Yvonne McKee email@example.com for more information. The WRN Fixed Ops Network is developing tools to exploit every opportunity to drive customer satisfaction in Fixed Ops. And we’re extending a special invitation to every female working in General Motors Fixed Operations both in and out of the Women’s Retail Network to come join us. You are guaranteed to develop meaningful relationships with other women working in automotive retail that will help in with your business knowledge and professional development.
The WRN is the only organization to develop a support system exclusively for women in automotive retail service positions. Our goal is to increase the number of women in all aspects of service as well as help service professionals run more profitable operations.
A dealership’s service department is often called both the “backend” and the “backbone” of the business. While Fixed and Variable Operations are located under the same roof, they are often viewed as worlds apart. NADA management instructor Bob Atwood urges owners to stop thinking of their dealerships as divided into a “sales department” and a “service department.” Atwood says the more accurate terms are a “sales department” (Variable Ops) and “another sales department” (Fixed Ops). Here’s why:
- While Fixed Operations account for 12 percent of a dealership’s total revenue, it produces more than 60 percent of the business’ net profit
- Dealerships typically gross 5 percent on new cars, 12 percent on used cars, 38 percent on parts and 70 percent in the service department
- The closing rate in Variable Operations is roughly 30 percent. However, every person walking through the service door produces revenue for the dealership